Ideas For A Garden - Flowers
Here are some ideas for flowers in your garden. Which are beautiful and very colourfull for a summer time.
- Geum 'Red Wings' - Geum 'Red Wings' produces semi-double, scarlet flowers from late spring to mid-summer.
Geums are herbaceous perennials producing basal rosettes of dark green leaves with large colourful bowl-shaped flowers held on tall branched stems in summer. Fully hardy, they need a position in full sun and moist, well-drained soil
- Penstemon 'Midnight' (P. gloxinioides) - Penstemon 'Midnight' is a clump-forming, semi-evergreen perennial with linear to lance-shaped, dark green leaves and, from summer into autumn, upright racemes of tubular to bell-shaped, dark purple-blue flowers, often with pink-flushed throats. Its colour is dark-blue, dark-purple both in Summer and in Autumn
- Penstemon 'Thorn' (P. gloxinioides) - 'Thorn' is an upright perennial to 75cm tall, with narrow leaves and loose panicles of tubular white flowers,
tinged with deep pink at the tips of the corolla lobes
Penstemon 'Thorn' may be deciduous or evergreen perennials or subshrubs, with simple, narrow leaves and racemes or panicles of bell-shaped or funnel-shaped
flowers in summer and early autumn. Also vigorous sprawling perennial carrying white foxglove flowers edged pink. Mid green lance shaped leaves are symmetrically arranged on long stems. Give space to root into the ground. Best flowers throughout the warmer months
- Salvia Sylvestris - Salvia Sylvestris is a delightful, colourful plant with spikes of indigo-blue flowers in early to midsummer. This reliable perennial
is ideal for the middle of a moist, well-drained herbaceous border. It flourishes in sun or dappled shade where the bright flowers help to liven up
any plant scheme.
- Salvia Guaranitica 'Black and Blue' - Salvia Guaranitica 'Black and Blue' is a beautiful bell-like flower, a bit similar to Illumination Pink, but blue and black close to the stalk
'Black and Blue' is a tall perennial with a running rootstock, forming a wide clump of stems bearing ovate leaves and loose spikes of dark blue flowers 4cm long, each set in black calyx, and opening in late summer and autumn
- Foxglove 'Illumination Pink’ - Foxglove 'Illumination Pink’ is a beautiful, pink and bell-like flower.
Unlike most foxgloves which are generally biennial, this half-hardy semi-evergreen is a true perennial so you will be able to enjoy its flowers for years to come. The exotic looking blooms are densely packed on sturdy stems, with many side branches
- Verbena Bonariensis - Verbena Bonariensis is a meadow-like flower, very lovely and delicate. Verbena Bonariensis is a tall perennial, branching stems to 2m in height, bearing sparse, oblong leaves and large branched clusters of small, purple flowers from summer to autumn
- Verbena Rigida - Verbena Rigida is a violet flower with small leaves, and very lovely. Verbena Rigida is a tuberous perennial to 60cm, grown as an annual, with oblong leaves and clusters of fragrant, bright purple flowers on branched stems in late summer
- Geranium Rozanne - Geranium Rozanne is a beautiul light blue and a bit of white to it flower. Rozanne is a vigorous spreading perennial to 60cm tall, with neat, dense, lobed foliage and bowl-shaped violet-blue flowers 5cm wide, with a white centre, opening from early summer to early autumn
- Geranium 'Ann Folkard' AGM - Geranium Ann Folkard and Dragon Heart are a tiny bit similar with the difference that Ann Folkard has a bit lighter violet
colour to it and the centre is a bit scattered.
Also, 'Ann Folkard' is an herbaceous perennial of spreading habit, to 60cm in height, with yellowish-green, 5-lobed leaves and black-eyed and veined, magenta-purple flowers to 4cm in width
- Geranium 'Dragon Heart' - Dragon Heart has a stronger violet colour and more visible centre. A really good 'new' hybrid with large, magenta saucer shaped flowers with black centres. The flowers are thickly spread over a trailling mound of round, deeply divided leaves.